Allow proper notification via "urgency hint" (flashing in panel) for MUC (Multi-user chat) messages
When "use_urgency_hint" is enabled, only direct messages and not group chat / MUC messages trigger the urgency hint.
This should be configurable as an advanced option, at the very least.
Since the late 90s, chat software has been able to (or forced to) make your taskbar-equivalent indication for your window blink. Several modern chat clients on linux hide this functionality, and GAJIM supports it via the "use_urgency_hint" option via the Advanced Configuration Editor. But, there's nothing in the ACE to allow this to be enabled for multi-user chat.
I don't understand why this functionality isn't present as an option! (Do people really find a tiny icon in the 'tray' / notification area to be adequate?)
steps to reproduce
- Run a "tradtional" window manager/ DE, ala XFCE.
- Install and use Gajim
- Receive a direct message, and note the lack of panel-blinking.
- Open the ACE and enable use_urgency_hint
- Receive a direct message, and notice the panel blinking
- Receive a MUC / Chat / Group message, and notice no blinking