Installing OMEMO plugin on MacOS
Hello dear people,
I'm trying to install the OMEMO plugin.
- OS: MacOS 10.14.6
- Gajim version: 1.2.2
- Plugin version:
- GTK version: 3.24.23
- Python-nbxmpp version: 1.0.2
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Install Gajim and its dependencies as per https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/-/wikis/help/Gajim-on-macOS (skipping the .app bundle)
- Download https://ftp.gajim.org/plugins_1.2_zip/plugin_installer.zip and extract under ~/.local/share/gajim/plugins
- Launch Gajim
- Open plugin manager
- It's possible to download and activate certain other plugins, e.g. Acronyms expander, Clients icons.
- Ticking the OMEMO plugin and clicking Install/Update produces the message 'Updates will be installed next time Gajim is started.'
- OMEMO has not appeared in the list of plugins under the Installed tab. An /omemo directory has been created and populated under ~/.local/share/gajim/plugins.
- Quit Gajim. Notice some messages in the terminal which I don't suppose are relevant:
(org.gajim.Gajim:14904): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:04:18.607: Can't set a target list on a widget until you've called gtk_drag_dest_set() to make the widget into a drag destination
/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/gi/overrides/GObject.py:493: Warning: ../gobject/gsignal.c:2731: instance '0x7fc9da1be5c0' has no handler with id '2128' return func(*args, **kwargs)
/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/gi/overrides/GObject.py:493: Warning: ../gobject/gsignal.c:2731: instance '0x7fc9da1beb20' has no handler with id '3880' return func(*args, **kwargs)
- Relaunch. OMEMO is still not in the list of plugins under the Installed tab.
- Back to the drawing board. Or rather, over to https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim-plugins/-/wikis/OmemoGajimPlugin
- MacOS is not present, look at 'Distributions without a package'. It seems like the plugin has some dependencies.
- Can I install them with pip3? Type
pip3 search build-essential. A long list of packages appears, none of which seem to be build-essential. Similarly with several of the other dependencies.
pip3 listreveals, among other things, the following potentially relevant items:
- At this point, novice that I am, I'm stumped. And the more puzzled since I did have OMEMO working on a previous install with an older version of MacOS.
Any pointers will be much appreciated!