Systray disappears regardless of settings in Windows 7 and Windows 10
Starting with Windows 7 there are several options for handling system tray icons at the OS level:
- "Hide icon and notifications"
- "Only show notifications"
- "Show icon and notifications"
The first one is the default. I have set the option for gajim to "Show icon and notifications".
Sometimes the icon disappears from the tray. When I check the tray options, there are two gajim entries.
- Without icon image and the option "Show icon and notifications"
- With the current gajim tray icon and the option "Hide icon and notifications"
I have not screenshots and logs for now, but will add them if it happens again.
I already did some research:
- this problem did exist before: #5334 (closed) but was more reproducible, as it happend with every start
- it was fixed with this commit in gtk: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/commit/9452b271a08d478b9d2658745111988b32ca598b
- the commit message sounds a bit hacky
side note: gtkstatusicon is deprecated and already removed from master.