Conversation output field doesn't scroll after multi line message
- OS: Windows 10 (x64)
- Gajim version: 1.1.2
- GTK version: >= 3.22.30
- Python-nbxmpp version: >= 0.6.6
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Open chat
- type (or receive) enough messages to reach the bottom of the conversation output field
- type regular long message that exceeds the width of the input field so the input field has to expand (and output field shrinks)
- send message
- Input field shrinks back to one line
- Output field expands back to maximum
- Sent message pops on the bottom of the output field
- Output field scrolls to the bottom and displays the last send or received message
- Output field does not scroll to the bottom so all new messages pop "behind" the input field till I actively scroll the output field to the very last message.
- Every message I send which is longer than the width of the input field and triggers an expansion of the input field in height forces me to actively scroll the output field -- do I have to mention how annoying this is? Besides the fact that sometimes you just miss incoming messages because you simply don't see them.
Looks somewhat related to #9574 since it is also about "(not) scrolling to the bottom".