Chat input field height is 1 line behind actual line count
- OS: Windows 10 (x64)
- Gajim version: 1.12
- GTK version: >= 3.22.30
- Python-nbxmpp version: >= 0.6.6
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Open chat
- type regular long message (with spaces and no line breaks) that exceeds the width of the input field
- Input field expands in height to fit the lines of the entered message
- Input field expands BUT is always a line behind. Means:
- 1 line message = 1 "height" of input field (obviously okay)
- 2 line message = 1 "height" [sig] of input field (here it start to fall apart)
- 3 line message = 2 "height" of input field
- ... so on, till the input field reaches its maximum it will expand to.
- The problem gets solved very temporarily (per typed message) when you go up with the cursor until a line that was out of view so far (and down again). It also fixes the upcoming lines. Let's say your message got split into 3 lines (of which you see by now 2 lines).
- go up one line: still in view, nothing happens.
- go up another line: the input field expands "because" the line was out of view.
- now the whole message is visible and stays visible even you go down with the cursor again to the last line
- go on typing till message gets split up into a fourth line
- input field expands as expected till the message gets send or reaches the maximum of 5 lines, then a scroll bar appears. 5 with the next message the game starts over
This is pretty similar to #8980 but actually it is not.