Ideas / tasks for making Jingle audio calls great again
- update https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/wikis/help/gajimfaq#general
- add wiki page about audio calls
Add iLBC and GSM as low bandwidth fallbacks for older voip clients (?)
AMR-WB andAMR codecs.
- Figure out how to set the bit rate for Opus.
- Echo canceller
- Info about the used codec, bit rate and STUN
Some icons for calling / hang-up?
- Preferences: setting for bit rate preferences / max bit rate. could be just a slider. codecs are disabled or reordered accordingly (don't forget rtp overhead).
[x] Enable STUN auto discovery (recommended)
- STUN auto discovery.
- Some qxmpp client (telepathy-nonsense?)
- Sylkserver: Echo and Playback
Jingle-SIP-Gateway. If that works, test SIP clients:
- native Android SIP client
- Is it possible to use a TURN server with farstream?
- Are there any web clients that do support Jingle audio?
- Is ICE supported (XEP-0371)?