Click on notification doesn't refocus the chat window
- OS: Linux
- GTK+ Version: 3.22.30
- PyGObject Version: 3.28.2
- python-nbxmpp Version: 0.6.5
- Gajim Version: 1.0.2+6cdcbf11
Steps to reproduce the problem
- configure notifications for incoming messages
- move the chat window in the background
- send a message from a different account to receive a notification
- click on the notification
The chat window that corresponds to the message form the notification comes to the front.
The notification disappears and the window stays in the background.
I did some debugging and found 2 issues which cause this bug:
- The first is that in line 2640 of the
connection_handlers_events.pythe value for
popup_msg_typeis set to
chat. During the debugging i figured out that this value should be
printed_chatotherwise the code, that has to find the corresponding event which contains a reference to the chat window, doesn't work.
- The second issue looks more like a bug in GTK or Gnome. Cause the API tells that the chat window is still visible although it's in the background. It seems that invoking the method
presenton a window that is already visible has no effect. If I call the method
hideof the window just before the method
gui_interface.py:1771) the window comes to the front.