Account password is stored as plain text in Gajim config file additionally to gnome-keyring storage
Please first check if another issue has been opened for your problem
- OS: Linux (Debian 9.4 with Gnome 3)
- Gajim version: 1.0.0 (nightly 20180327-1)
- GTK version: 3.22.11
- Python-nbxmpp version: 0.6.4
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Modify Account -> Login
- Overwrite field "Password"
- Leave "Save Password" at value "On"
Password should be changed in gnome-keyring only, not in .config/gajim/config. In .config/gajim/config should just be an entry like accounts..password = keyring:
Password is changed in gnome-keyring, but additionally it is stored as plain text in .config/gajim/config.