integration of "xep-0224, attention"
XEP 0224 ( http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0224.html ) provides a way to people to try to capture the attention of someone else, this is quite similar to the msn functionnality of whizz.
This feature is, imho, quite controversial, but it also asked by many people and by current msn users which we may want to "convert" to jabber, so this could be a good thing to support it ( of course, and the xep is quite clear, the support must be optional : "However, since some users might not want this feature to disturb them, a client SHOULD enable the user to disable support." ).
Supporting this in gajim mean three things :
- support for sending such messages.
- support for getting such messages.
- support for filtering this kind of messages.
So, I open this bug in order to discuss the UI of such feature.
how should we let people send such notification to others ? possible uis are :
- using the right click menu on a single contact, which i do not like, as the menu was cleaned
- right click somewhere in a chat windows, in the actions menu ( like "invite friends" or calling someone with jingle ).
how should gajim react when such messages are received. As the goal is to be more intrusive than current notification, I think we cannot of course use the same system as usual (unless we ignore it).
There is a long thread on the topic on http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2007-August/016290.html, we may also wait for a new version of the xep before doing any implementation, but we can already discuss the interface.
- As some people may be quite annoying with such features, how could we specify "block this user", and how do we manage this ? One way would be to use privacy list, or have client side blacklist (or whitelist ).