Refactor the way to change status
Current two-step way of changing status is annoying, and not so intuitive. I don't want to decide every time if I'm "Light Away" or "Extended Away" or something else. Instead, I simply want to say "Gone to Dinner" and message and status is set at the same time.
When I set Extended Away mode, it can be many things, but when my message is "Gone to Dinner", status is always Extended Away, and when message is "Be Right Back", status is always Light Away, so it makes more sense to set the message first. In fact the only message I use with more than one status is the empty one.
So I propose:
- Instead of status names, show preset messages in the combobox, and display the status icon that belongs to that message to the left just as we see it now. (Except that there can be more than one Away, more than one Available etc.)
- Of course that means we have to store a status with every preset message.
- To limit amount of items in combobox, we can display only x most recently used items.
- "Change Status Message" → "Custom Status/Message"
- Add combobox for status to current "Status Message" window, so we can set both message and status from one window.