Usability problem in 'Authorization requested' dialog
Since 0.11 there was change in 'authorization required' dialog which is shown when someone wants to add you to roster: now it has duplicate keyboard shortcuts, and pop-up menu 'Actions'.
This has two drawbacks:
- Previous one-level buttons scheme was ideal for the keyboard interaction. Any action in this keyboard required exactly one interaction: press Alt+<key> to close/accept/reject/info. Now it requires at least two keypresses to access most of the actions.
- Duplicate keybinding + GTK handilng of such keybindings makes it awkward to use current interface.
If you need to Accept authorization, you now need to do the following:
- Press Alt-A until you get focused on 'Accept'.
- Press space.
If you need to discover Info, you now need to do the following:
- Press Alt-A until you will focus 'Actions' button.
- Press Space to open 'Info' menu.
- Press I to select 'Info'.
Such horrible interaction design discredits the whole idea of keyboard shortcuts.