Execute command is grayed out at times and has to be used through service discovery
- OS: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
- Gajim version: 1.1.3 (Flatpak from Flathub)
- GTK version: 3.32?
- Python-nbxmpp version: ?
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Connect a IRC network through Biboumi (
- I am not sure if it needs to fail or if you execute a command and remove port so it won't connect, but wait for a few months
- Attempt to connect to the IRC network, receive error on port not configured and attempt to send a command
I am able to execute a command normally.
Execute command is grayed out, because you aren't connected to the IRC network and you cannot connect to the IRC network, because you must configure the IRC network by sending a command first, which you cannot do.
I found a workaround of executing a command through XMPP service discovery.
I am not sure if this report is at all clear, but here is my original report on the MUC:
Hi, I have possibly asked this before, but how do I force sending adhoc command to Biboumi when Gajim grays the box out? I am attempting to send adhoc command to firstname.lastname@example.org and the option is grayed out and I cannot join #email@example.com out, because port is not specified and I cannot specify a port without sending adhoc command to it which I cannot do, because the box is grayed out etc.
I found it, accounts, discover services, firstname.lastname@example.org detects "IRC server open.ircnet.net over Biboumi" and offers "Execute Command". Why is Gajim graying it out in the usual place?
I hope either version is understandable.