Message from one contact appearing in conversations of multiple accounts
- OS: Linux (Debian Buster)
- Gajim version: 1.1.2
- GTK version: 3.24.5
- Python-nbxmpp version: 0.6.10
Steps to reproduce the problem
This is a bit convoluted, I'm connected to multiple servers with a few different accounts to test out an xmpp server I just set up (an instance of jackal.
a@mytestserver is my main testing account, all of the other accounts are contacts of this account. I'm logged into a@mts on two different computers. Gajim on the second computer ("remote") only has a@mts. Unless noted, all actions are from the perspective of the computer with all three accounts logged in ("local").
- From another computer where I am only connected as a@mytestserver, I sent some messages to/from b@mytestserver, working as expected.
- Made an account for c@404, added as a contact by a@mts.
- Sent a message to c@404 from remote computer. When the message tab comes up, the messages from the conversation with b@mts are showing up in the tab of the a@mts/c@404 conversation, with the messages from b@mts displayed as if they're from c@404. All messages between a@mts and c@404 including encrypted (and with green lock icon) show up in b@mts window.
Messages between two contacts only show up in the appropriate conversation, even if sender is a contact of other accounts in the client.