Error in virtualenv instance: Couldn't find foreign struct converter for 'cairo.Context'
Steps to reproduce:
- Running Ubuntu 17.04 with GNOME desktop
- sudo apt install python3-dev python3-gi libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev
pypiwin32from requirements.txt (results in a Python 3 compatibility error and not required on Ubuntu)
- Create new virtualenv
pip install -r requirements.txt
ln -s /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi PATH_TO_VIRTUALENV/lib/python3.X/site-packages/(required to get
import giworking in a virtualenv)
What should happen:
- Gajim launches and logs to the terminal
What happens instead:
- Gajim launches and logs to the terminal (correct)
- Repeated error in the terminal:
TypeError: Couldn't find foreign struct converter for 'cairo.Context' TypeError: Couldn't find foreign struct converter for 'cairo.Context'
- Gajim 0.16.10.3-bc504f90
- GTK+ Version: 3.22.11
- PyGobject Version: 3.22.0
- python-nbxmpp Version: 0.5.5
If there are Debian/Ubuntu notes for running from source, I have missed them, feel free to point me in the right direction :) If this is not a meaningful error, feel free to close this issue.