Attachments are saved in Downloads as empty (0 bytes) or corrupted
I have repeatedly found that attachments are saved in the Downloads folder as empty files. Most of the times, these are MP4 files, sometimes images. I've also seen an image that was corrupted. Retrying the download by removing the file from the Downloads folder first only worked for corrupted downloads (needing several retries), but for the 0 bytes downloads this didn't work: another empty file was created in the Downloads folder.
None of these issues can be found with these attachments in other clients, such as Blabber and Dino.
This has also happened for files that I uploaded myself (via Blabber).
The server is running an up-to-date prosody instance (disroot.org).
- OS: Windows 10
- Gajim version: x64 portable nightlies between Dec. 2021 and Jan 12, 2022
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Let someone else send you a file
> 3MBof any size, or upload it yourself via another client
- Gajim states it has downloaded the file
- Try to open, you'll get an error by the player, because the file size is 0 bytes.
In case of a JPEG file, you'll already see the corruption in the preview.
- Close Gajim, remove the file from the downloads
- Restart Gajim and try to download the file again
- File size is still 0 bytes or corrupted
Files are downloaded to the Downloads folder
Gajim creates an empty or corrupted file.