Saving XFCE session with Gajim open hangs and causes Gajim to exit
- OS: Ubuntu 20.04
- Gajim version: Nightly 20200717-1 (from Gajim apt repo)
- GTK version: 3.24.20-0ubuntu1
- Python-nbxmpp version: Nightly 20200802-1 (from Gajim apt repo)
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Start Gajim in an XFCE desktop session.
- Open the XFCE "Session and startup" preference pane, go to "Current session" and hit "Save session".
- Note that a progress dialog runs for ~1 minute (save is normally instant). When the progress dialog closes, Gajim exits.
Gajim state gets saved with X session and Gajim is re-opened on login.
Gajim state is not saved, instead the XFCE save dialog hangs for a minute and afterwards Gajim exits:
(org.gajim.Gajim:61038): Gtk-WARNING **: 14:41:03.362: Failed to unregister client: GDBus.Error:org.xfce.SessionManager.Error.General: Client with id of '/org/xfce/SessionClients/org_gajim_Gajim' was not found 08/09/20 14:41:03 (D) gajim.c.helpers Save roster position: 97 0 08/09/20 14:41:03 (I) gajim.c.optparser Successful saved config file 08/09/20 14:41:03 (I) gajim.c.optparser Successful saved config file 08/09/20 14:41:03 (I) gajim.client State: ClientState.DISCONNECTING 08/09/20 14:41:03 (I) gajim.client Starting to disconnect <censored> 08/09/20 14:41:03 (W) gajim.client Trying to send message while offline (org.gajim.Gajim:61038): Gtk-WARNING **: 14:41:03.376: Can't set a target list on a widget until you've called gtk_drag_dest_set() to make the widget into a drag destination 08/09/20 14:41:03 (D) gajim.c.logger Execution time for commit: 1 ms
No relevant logs seem to be printed when session save starts or while it is running. Session saving is working normally for other apps.