Gajim does not respect the layer-modifiers of multi-layer keyboard layout "neo" on Windows
- OS: Windows 10 (Version 1909, but also all previous ones)
- Gajim version: 1.2.1
- GTK version: 3.24.20
- Python-nbxmpp version: 1.0.1
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Install/use neo-layout (https://neo-layout.org/) natively (keyboard selectable in the Windows settings and also language quick selection (Win+Space)).
- In any gajim input field (most importantly in a chat window) hold down a modifier (Mod3 or Mod4; layer 3,4,5,6) and type something like a special character - let's say we want to produce a smiley: ":)".
We expect the particular characters to appear, e.g. a smiley: ":)".
The letter of that particular key is inserted, but as if you intended to use layer 1 (not holding down the shift-key additionally) or layer 2 (holding down the shift-key additionally). Referring to the example:
- Expected: ":)"
- Effectively: "dr" (":"->"d" and ")" -> "r")