duplicate entries in group chat history
- OS: openSUSE-15.1 (Linux)
- Gajim version: 1.1.3 (by openSUSE)
- Plugin version: MessageBoxSize-1.1.0, OMEMO-2.6.30, PluginInstaller-1.1.4, PluginsTranslations-1.1.1
- GTK version: 3.22 (by openSUSE)
- Python-nbxmpp version: 0.6.10 (by openSUSE)
I'm in three group chats with multiple colleagues on a companies XMPP server. And entries in the history are often duplicated between two and multiple (maybe up to 20) times.
It looks like the number of duplications stays the same for some time. E.g. at one day each message is duplicated twice and on other days it's duplicated 10 times.
I also have a second account I'm allowed to use on my private mobile phone (using Conversations-2.7.0). That second account is also logged in via Gajim on my PC. But that account isn't in that chat rooms. (it must be two accounts, because I'm not allowed to send more confidential information about that second account)
Server (same server for all, no federation): prosody by openSUSE I'm not completely sure about the openSUSE version. But I think it's 15.1, so it must be prosody-0.10.3.
- server features (according to Gajim)
- XEP-0045 Multi-User Chat
- XEP-0054 vcard-temp
- XEP-0163 Personal Eventing Protocol (but not #publish-options)
- XEP-0191 Stream Management
- XEP-0280 Message Carbons (maybe relevant!?)
- XEP-0363 HTTP File Upload
Maybe this has something to do with the XMPP clients used by my colleagues. Nevertheless, I have to start tracking down this somewhere. And because I use Gajim, this bug tracker is the lucky one :-) Clients used by my colleagues (as far as I know):